How to Update Quickbooks? [Easy Methods]
Quickbooks offer various accounting and bookkeeping services. Of which, the QuickBooks desktop is the most popular. To get the most out of QuickBooks, you should keep it updated to the latest release, but how to update QuickBooks in normal and multi-user mode?
The process is quite simple. You can either download the updates directly from the internet or update QuickBooks manually.
In this blog, you will get the step-by-step procedure to Update QuickBooks.
Also Check: Quickbooks Download
Benefits of Updating Quickbooks
When you update QuickBooks, you get several benefits from its updated features. It helps in processing accounts quickly and more efficiently. What are its benefits, learn below:
- It improves QuickBooks software’s processing and functions more effectively.
- It improves the advanced user management feature that manages the user’s role and permission according to their needs.
- You can send a request for second admin access.
- Fixes bugs in three major situations:
- An issue in creating transactions for unallowed batch transactions.
- When the report filters for (>=1) or (=) results in incorrect output.
- The vendor group with a credit balance (>0) gives incorrect results.
- New updates offer an error-free experience.
- Allow you to access attest features like real-time access, tracking status, invoices for all transactions, and more.
But, how would you know if your QuickBooks is updated to the latest release or not?
Check for QuickBooks Updates Latest Release
Before answering your question ‘how do I update QuickBooks’ you need to check if your QuickBooks require an update.
Following are the steps below to check if there is an update available for QuickBooks:
- Launch the QuickBooks application.
- Press Ctrl + 1 or F2 keys to access the Product Information window.
- It will open the Product Information Wizard. Check the version and latest version available for the QuickBooks patch.
If you found the QuickBooks not updated to the latest release, you can follow the methods mentioned in the next section.
How to Update QuickBooks Desktop?
Below are the methods for how to update the QuickBooks desktop. However, ensure that your internet is strong and working efficiently.
Method 1: Immediate Or On-Demand Quickbooks Updates
The motive of immediate updates is to save users time. Often, users have to open the system to get updates submitted online or manually. But, following the on-demand updates of QuickBooks, you can download and install updates anytime immediately.
Update QuickBooks Immediately:
- Launch the QuickBooks application.
- Move to the Help menu to select Update QuickBooks.
- Then, tap on the tap Update Now.
- Now, choose the updates you want to download before clicking Get updates.
- To get the details of new updates and changes, tap on the Maintenance Releases link.
- After the update is downloaded, close the QuickBooks windows.
- Restart QuickBooks and as it prompts you to install the updates, click Install Now (or Yes) and wait for it to finish the installation process.
- Restart your computer.
Method 2: Set Quickbooks to Automatic Updates
In the process of automatic updates to QuickBooks, you need to do nothing.
However, if the updates are not downloading automatically, you need to check the internet and your default settings. You can enable the automatic download or disable it as per your comfort.
Hence, given below are the steps on how to update QuickBooks online automatically:
- Launch QuickBooks to navigate to the help menu.
- Then, select the option Update QuickBooks and an update QuickBooks window will appear.
- Now, tap on the tab Options.
- Select Yes to enable automatic updates in QuickBooks (and No to disable QuickBooks automatic updates).
- Tap Save to confirm the changes and close the QuickBooks windows.
Method 3: Release Download For Different Quickbooks Profiles
Does the update feature bother you? Often, users get issues with updating features, but, no worries! You can download and install available updates using the update feature.
Further, if you are using multiple copies of QuickBooks, make sure you update each of them. Otherwise, an issue may interrupt the opening of the company files or damage them.
Here is how to update the QuickBooks desktop using the update feature:
Step 1: Quickbooks Pro and Premier Multi-User Mode Updates
If you are using QuickBooks Premier or pro in multi-user mode at the workstation, you need to install updates on all computers.
Thus, you can:
- Either install the update on all computers on-by-one.
- Or, install updates on a single computer and later share them with other PCs. for this, you need to enable the Share option.
Once you install the update on a single computer and share it with other PCs:
- Launch the shared QB company file.
- Head to the Help menu and select the tab Update QuickBooks.
- Then, tap on Options.
- Now, select Yes to allow the shared download.
- Then, tap on Save.
Following the steps, you can easily share the updates to their computers.
Step 2: Update the new QuickBooks Desktop
Follow these steps and you can download and install the latest updates for QuickBooks desktop 2018 to 2022:
- Double-click to open the latest QuickBooks desktop.
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Select Restore the company.
- Click the option Company file and tap Next.
- Then, select the Data file to launch it.
- You will get a pop-up window saying ‘Move Company file.’ If it asks to update the company file for the new version, check the box and agree to the updates by tapping on Update Now.
- Follow onscreen instructions. Further, create a backup file also.
- As the process ends, open the new QuickBooks version. You will get a prompt asking ‘Do you want to continue,’ select Yes.
Method 4: Update Quickbooks Manually
When nothing works out, update QuickBooks manually. For those wondering how to update Quickbooks online manually, here are the steps:
- Close all the QuickBooks company files and windows.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Select run as administrator.
- On the windows ‘No company open’, head to the Help menu.
- Select the tab Update Quickbooks.
- Go to the tab Options and tap Mark all.
- Click Save.
- Move to the option Update now to make the Reset Update box.
- Then, tap on the Get Update button.
- Exit when you get a message Update complete.
- If you get a message Install updates then launch your QuickBooks desktop again and tap yes.
- Wait for the installation process to end and restart your computer.
In the blog, we have provided you with all the methods important for how to update QuickBooks. The steps are easy and explained in a simplified manner. We hope it helps you with updates. However, if you face any trouble, feel free to contact us.