What Is the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and How to Use It?
Technical errors are common in QuickBooks. But there’s a way to keep them at bay. It is through the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. It’s a terrific repair tool that resolves various errors like 1722, 1311, 1618, and the like.
You can also use it to fix errors when you access several company files or installation-related glitches. In this post, you’ll find in-depth knowledge about this tool and how to use it efficiently.
What is QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and When it Use It?
Users of QuickBooks commonly face errors like 1603 and 1310. These errors occur because the software tends to create files that aren’t needed in the system. It, in turn, interferes with its working.
The clean install QuickBooks tool fixes these errors by rapidly uninstalling the program files. Here are the typical scenarios when you can use this tool.
- To fix QuickBooks errors 1722 and 1723.
- QuickBooks errors 1311, 1336, 1310, and 1328.
- To resolve errors 1603, 1618, and 1612, 3371
In simple words, you can use this tool when you encounter problems while attempting to access and open various company files. The tool also is of much help when the QB error codes listed above don’t resolve by just reinstalling QuickBooks.
You can use the clean install tool to fix all errors related to installation. It enables you to tackle issues related to templates and display problems effectively.
Read Also:- QuickBooks Won’t Open
How to Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
Carrying out the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool download is not very complex. However, you need to ensure that you have the necessary information related to the QuickBooks product. Here’s what all you should have with you.
- Firstly, find the version of your QuickBooks and download its installer.
- Note the license number. If you bought the digital version of the software, you would find it in the confirmation email.
- Now, note down the year of the product and edition. You can find the requisite information from the account management portal.
IMPORTANT NOTE – For using the clean install tool, you will need first to uninstall QB. Before you go ahead with the uninstallation process to use the Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop, you must ensure to have your QuickBooks installation CD with the license number.
You should also have your QuickBooks Desktop download file. You also need to backup your data file. Before you perform the steps for installing and using the tool, log in as Windows Administrator. The computers you are operating on should be available for restart.
1. Uninstall your QuickBooks data
To clean install QuickBooks, you need to uninstall the software. Follow these points to do so for the uninstallation.
- As the first step, head over to the ‘Start‘ menu.
- After that, find the ‘Control Panel.’ You will find its window coming up when you hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- Next, hit ‘Programs‘ and then click the option again.
- You will see a set of programs. From the list, pick the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- After you right-tap, you will see an option. It will be either ‘Uninstall‘ or ‘Change.’ Choose this exact option.
- After selecting this option, the uninstall Wizard will appear on the screen.
- You must follow the different instructions given in it.
- After properly following the instructions, the uninstallation process will complete.
- Your QB software has now been uninstalled. You can proceed to the next step of downloading and installing QB Tools Hub.
NOTE: Although rare, some people find an error message when they uninstall the software. If you, too, face it, stop troubleshooting. An error message while uninstalling QB implies a problem with your system. You must immediately connect with an IT professional.
2. Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
The next step in this process is downloading and installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub. The steps for it are listed below.
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Download the Tool Hub. After downloading it, save its file on your desktop or the Downloads folder. Make sure that you save it in a place where you don’t find any problems in finding it later.
- Next, launch the file you just downloaded and saved (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Now, install this file by adhering to the guidelines you see on the screen. While installing it, accept all the conditions and terms of the tool.
- After the tool gets installed on your system, open it by double-tapping on it.
- At this point, some users find that they cannot locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you also face the same problem, go to the Windows Search bar. Here, search for QuickBooks Tool Hub. Then, tap on the option that comes up on the screen.
3. Run the QB Clean Install Tool
When you carry out the clean install QuickBooks desktop through the Clean Install Tool, you will find that the names of your prior folders are not what they were before. They have changed automatically. As a result, you must rename the prior QuickBooks directories before reinstalling the QB program. This action will enable QuickBooks to add newer files when the program is getting installed.
Now you are all set to run the Clean Install Tool. Follow these easy instructions to run it.
- Firstly, head over to the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After that, you will see a set of alternatives. From among them, select ‘Installation Problems.’
- Choose the Clean Install Toll to run it. After that, hit the ‘OK‘ button to continue.
- Next, you need to select the QB as well as the product version. After that, hit the ‘Continue‘ button.
- After that’s done, you’ll get a message saying, ‘Please install the copy of QuickBooks to the default location of the computer.’
- When you see this message, hit the ‘OK‘ button.
- The tool will start and complete its work.
- As the last step, you just need to reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop software.
You May also read this:- quickbooks error code 6000
4. Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
You can reinstall QuickBooks Desktop in two ways. The first method is with the CD, and the other is through the installation wizard. Both these methods are explained in detail below.
1. Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop with CD
- Put the CD into QuickBooks Desktop. After you do that, you’ll see some instructions on your screen. You need to follow all of them to complete the installation process.
- After installing the program, type in the right registration and product number you found in your system earlier.
- Now, you’ll find some more instructions on the screen. Follow them to the best of your ability.
- To continue, choose the ‘Next‘ option.
- Now, you should select the type of installation. After choosing it, tap ‘Next,’ followed by ‘Install.’
- After the installation process finishes, start your system again.
2. Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop through the installation wizard
- Download QuickBooks Desktop by navigating through an authentic source.
- Next, save the file you’ve downloaded to anywhere on your computer where you can find it easily later.
- After saving the download, navigate to the location where you saved the file.
- Double-tap on the file to open it.
- You will see the installation wizard on your screen.
- Now, some instructions will show up. Follow them and install the suggested kind.
- Now, wait for some time till the installation continues.
5. Create a data backup
You must create a data backup. For it, follow these points.
- Get an alternative installer for your QB software.
- Update QB with the latest release.
- You will also have a registration number with you. Find it.
- If you cannot find it, open your email and check messages from Intuit.
- After that, find the year of the product’s version.
- Once you do all these things, save your company file backup.
Why QuickBooks Clean Install Tool Isn’t Compatible with Your QuickBooks?
Clean Install QuickBooks Tool is incompatible with QuickBooks 2020. If you find incompatibility issues, you must rename the folders manually. Here are the steps you should stick to
- Open the ‘Start‘ menu and locate File Explorer.
- After that, find the folder that stores your QB company files. It will be your QuickBooks folder.
- When you locate the folder, right-tap it and opt for ‘Rename.’
- At the end of the folder name, attach ‘old.’ This action will prevent QuickBooks from opening it while you are reinstalling.
- When you follow these points, you are ready to reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop.
Resolve the ‘access denied’ error message when renaming the folder
Some people receive an error message when they rename the folder. The message reads as: ‘Access denied while renaming the folder.’ Follow these points to resolve this error message.
1. Hit the ‘Control’, ‘Shift’, and ‘Esc’ keys to launch the task manager.
2. Alternatively, look for the task manager in the search menu.
3. Next, launch the ‘Processes’ tab.
4. Now select the name column header. It will order the list.
5. In the ‘Processes’ tab, look for these:
6. End these processes.
7. You might get a warning message saying that terminating a specific process will lead to undesired results.
8. Choose ‘Yes.’
9. Now you can reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. QuickBooks won’t uninstall? What to do?
If your QuickBooks isn’t uninstalling, you can manually uninstall it. Follow these steps below.
- Uninstall QuickBooks and display the hidden files.
- Launch the Windows Start menu and open File Explorer.
- Locate the folder that has your QuickBooks company file and open it.
- Now, right-tap on this folder and choose ‘Rename.’
- Input the word ‘old’ at the folder name’s end. It will hinder QB from opening it when you reinstall it.
2. How to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop 2020?
To reinstall QuickBooks Desktop 2020, you need first to download QB Desktop Pro 2020. After that, follow these steps to install it.
- Open the QuickBooks.exe file.
- After following the on-screen instructions, select ‘Next.’
- Input your product and license numbers.
- Now choose ‘Next‘ and select the appropriate type of installation.
- Lastly, activate and update QuickBooks Desktop.
3. Can I uninstall QuickBooks and reinstall it without losing my data?
Many people are under the view that they will lose their data by uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks. The answer is that you’ll not lose your data by doing that. Uninstalling QB won’t delete your company files from the system. It just removes the QuickBooks application. Butt taking a backup is always a wise precautionary step.
4. What signs indicate that you should use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
To fully uninstall QuickBooks, it’s essential to use the QuickBooks Removal Tool or the Clean Install Tool. Following are some of the common indications to download and run it.
- An error occurs when you open more than a single company file.
- You find your QuickBooks software showing installation error messages.
- You reinstalled QuickBooks to get rid of the error code. But it did not help you in any way.
5. How to backup QuickBooks company file to a flash drive?
To back up the QB company file to a flash drive, first, make a backup file. It will compress the file so it can be retrieved when needed. The backup will then be shifted to external storage. Here are the steps to create a backup.
- Hit the ‘File‘ tab and choose ‘Backup.’
- After the ‘Backup Wizard‘ comes on your screen, click ‘Backup Copy.’
- Now tap ‘Next‘ on the ‘Backup.’
- If you are backing up your company file for the first time, choose the backup location and the frequency of automated backups.
- Hit ‘Options‘ and browse the place where you desire to save the company file backup.
- Click ‘OK‘ followed by ‘Next.’
- Click ‘Save it Now‘ and then ‘Next.’
- Lastly, click ‘Save‘ to save the backup file.
After going through this guide, you will have a clear idea of how useful the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is. You are also equipped with the knowledge to use it by downloading and installing it. Now you can resolve the errors it can fix without wasting time.
If you experience any problems while using the tool, don’t hesitate to get professional QuickBooks technical assistance. You can access expert help by call or email.