How to Download and Use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
QuickBooks offers various services for its users to make its operation easier. Multi-user network service is one of the best of QuickBooks that allows different users to work on the company file and QuickBooks. But there is an issue with the multi-user connection. In this situation, the user can’t establish a connection between the host computer and the workstation. This issue is rarely faced by the user and is difficult to fix by itself. So to resolve the connection issue, Intuit developed QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. This tool finds the issue and fixes the connection between the company file and the database manager.
The Connection Diagnostic Tool QuickBooks also helps you fix the different types of errors, such as the H6000 series error that occurs in company file errors. You can avail of many other benefits with the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool. To avail of the benefits, you have to download and install it on the computer. This blog includes all the essential information about the Tool. In case you have any queries, you can contact ProAdvisor for an immediate explanation. If you want to fix QB errors you can use the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
What is a QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
In today’s modern era, businesses are expanding their branches worldwide. So the business uses the multi-user network service of QuickBooks. In this, users can access the QuickBooks company file with their computer that is situated on another computer. The computer that hosts the company file is the Server Computer. The other computer that doesn’t host the file is the workstation. When the connection between them is not established, then we use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to fix and establish the connection properly.
It is also mandatory to check the compatibility of the tool. It has wide compatibility with all versions of Windows, even with the starting Windows XP and Windows Vista. Also, there is no compatibility issue with the Mac Operating system.
As we mentioned above, the connection tool comes with different benefits, know them with the following.
Benefits of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
As the Connection Diagnostic Tool describes itself, it fixes the multi-user network easily. But besides that, it also has some amazing benefits which you can use. These are:
- This can easily fix H 6000 series, which is difficult to resolve on its own.
- If you have any Installation issues, the tool quickly fixes them by repairing the MS installation components.
- Save time and effort that you waste on fixing the error on your own.
- Easily set up on the computer.
- The workstation computer connection also gets fixed with the connection tool.
After knowing the benefits, don’t you want to know which errors or issues the tool fixed? If yes, then we have the following section for you. If you face the QuickBooks Won’t Open error you read this post and fix them.
Which Issues can QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool Resolve?
The QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool not only fixes the connection issue but also fixes the following issues:
- When the QuickBooks Database Access is denied or restricted.
- Improper Windows firewall configuration can cause technical glitches in the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Blank employees, customers, or vendor lists.
- When the Employees list’s entries are missing.
- Corrupted or damaged company files.
- When the company file goes missing.
- Multi-user errors such as H101, H202, H303, & H505.
- Virus or Malware attack on company files.
- QuickBooks errors – ‘6000’, ‘-6147, ‘-6150’, ‘-6000, -82’, ‘-6000, -301’, ‘-6147, etc.
Now, after knowing about the error and issues, let’s download and use it.
Steps for QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool Download and Install
To download the connection diagnostic following are the steps:
Before downloading and installing, your system must be configured with the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Firstly, visit the Intuit QuickBooks website.
- Secondly, scroll down, go to the Search box, browse for the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool, and press the Enter button.
- When you reach the connection tool page, click on the Download button and save the file in the system.
- Now, right-click on the installer file QBconnectiontool.exe and choose the Run as Administrator option, to access the file with all Admin rights.
- After that, click on Run from the Windows Security tab.
Note: Ensure that your system is not already installed with any Connection Diagnostic Tool version.
- When the “Welcome to the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool” appears, click Next.
- After that, choose the I Agree option to accept the software license agreement.
- The installation will complete in some time.
After successfully installing the tool, let’s use the Connection Diagnostic Tool.
Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
When the Install completes, use the connection diagnostic tool to fix the issues with the following steps.
- The Tool will automatically open after the installation. If it doesn’t open, then go to the install directly and run the .exe file.
- Click on the Connection tab.
- Then, click on the Diagnose Connection tab from the top.
- In the next steps, ensure that the Windows Firewall option is Disabled.
- Now, from the test Connectivity tab, click on Browse, go to the company file location, and choose the company file.
- If you are in the Single user mode, then avoid the Network Connectivity option.
- After that, enter the QuickBooks Admin Log-in Id and Password.
- Click on OK.
- Next, you have to choose whether to be a Host or a Workstation PC.
- Wait for the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to scan the company file issues for a while.
- When the status turns Green, there is no problem; if it shows Red, follow the next step.
- For the Red indication, the Advanced section will open to show all selected areas.
- Click on What do These Mean? Option.
- Now, your issues will be fixed, and the status will change from Red to Green.
- You can run the tool to check for any other problems.
- When the “File Open Status: Successful” notification appears on the server, repeat the steps for each client’s computer containing QuickBooks.
You can use the Connection Diagnostic Tool with another method. Always backup QuickBooks desktop company file before trying any method.
Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool From QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks has encountered errors after any technical glitches. These technical glitches can also interrupt the connection of multi-user mode. You can fix this issue with the connection diagnostic tool directly from the QuickBooks Desktop. You can operate it with the accompanying means:
- Firstly, open Quick Desktop from the Desktop.
- Secondly, don’t open the corrupted file.
- Now, go to the Utilities tab and then choose the Repair the File option.
- After that, click on the Network Problems tab.
- If you want to collect the personal info of QuickBooks data, click on Yes.
- If you don’t see any permission message, then the permission is already given in advance.
- In the next step, go to the company file (s) location folder, browse for the corrupted company file, and click the Open button.
- After that, choose the Show Advanced Settings options.
- Now, an item list in the dropdown will show on the screen.
- Next, select the issues which indicate the current issue.
- Here, provide the QuickBooks Login ID and Password in the given field. Use the correct credentials.
- After that, click on the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and go with the steps from above Use ConnectIon Diagnostic Tool Section.
QuickBooks File Doctor can help to recover deleted files.
Run QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to Solve Microsoft Components Issues
Sometimes, the connection is lost due to the improper configuration of the Microsoft components. The tool will automatically identify and fix the issue if you have any issues with the Microsoft components, like C++, .NET Framework, or MSXML. You can follow the other solution to fix them.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix the MSXML, MS .NET Framework, and C++ issues.
Solution 2: Update Windows to the latest release that will update the Microsoft components.
Solution 3: You can also fix the Microsoft components manually.
Solution 4: Fix the Microsoft components by installing or opening the QuickBooks Desktop in the Selective Startup.
Solution 5: By updating the Microsoft components with the latest version.
How can QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool be Helpful?
The Connection Diagnostic Tool comes with advanced features which can easily fix the issue: These are:
In this tab, you can easily test your computer and make sure that you can access the company file from the workstation without any confusion. It allows you to complete all the steps, doesn’t matter if you configured it as a single-user or multi-user.
The Firewall status screens the important information about the system firewall and can easily get the Windows Firewall details, errors, and typical programs. You can also get information about the port configuration.
With this tab, you can test the computer’s network connectivity. You will see two fields – Company File and Hosting Server. The results will show at the bottom.
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is the perfect solution for fixing the multi-user connection issue. Here you will learn about the tool’s benefits and features. Follow the downloading and installing procedure carefully. The Connection Diagnostic Tool is also used with the QuickBooks Desktop. We are just an Email away from you if you have an issue using the connection tool. You can also chat via the Live Chat option. Thank You!