Install and Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager Effectively
Many small and mid-sized businesses rely on QuickBooks to manage all their accounting needs. The accounting software helps fulfill all business requirements and also supports multi-user accessibility. To use it this way, you just need to download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
It allows users to set up the QuickBooks Server for multi-user access. You need it with a QuickBooks version you use if you employ it using more than a single version. However, many users are still in doubt about the right way to Quickbooks download, install, and set up the database server manager. In this article, you’ll find comprehensive instructions on it.
Why Should You Download QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
It’s essential to use QB Database Server Manager if you want to configure the QB server so it can be accessed by multiple users. Apart from this, you can also create the network data files of your company on the host PC with it.
Users who want to utilize different versions of QB Desktop should also install the server manager. It’s not at all possible to access the multi-user mode without the tool. It also permits you to scan your company file and examine the local storage.
How to Carry out QuickBooks Database Server Manager Download?
In order to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, you first need to download it to the system. You must proceed to install it chronologically. It means installing it from oldest to newest. Follow these steps to download the tool.
- Begin by tapping the Installer option and installing the Wizard.
- Now, make sure that your computer is linked with a strong internet. It is important to update the server manager.
- Tap the ‘Next‘ option. If your computer isn’t linked to the internet, tap ‘No‘ and hit ‘Next.’
- After that, choose ‘All programs,’ followed by ‘Next.’
- Finally, agree to the terms of the QB database server manager license agreement.
- Now, download the server manager and tap ‘Next.’
How Do I Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
Now that you have completed QuickBooks Database Server Manager download process, you can start installing it. Follow these steps to install it on your system.
1. After downloading the server manager, tap the ‘Network’ or ‘Custom’ options and choose the installation type.
- If you want to access the software on your computer, select ‘, I will be using QB on this system.’
- If only the QuickBooks data will be stored on the computer, choose ‘I will not be using QB on this system.’
2. Now, choose ‘Yes,’ followed by ‘Allow access.’
3. Next, input the license and product number and adhere to the instructions you see on the screen.
4. When the installation procedure ends, follow the onscreen steps to configure the software.
A POINT TO NOTE: You must know that the specific year’s database services. Run in the background when the server operates every year. So, check that the services of your Windows are there in the QuickBooks DBXX, wherein XX points to the number of versions. Every QB versions add a single user when the database manager gets installed.
How to Carry out QuickBooks Database Server Manager Update?
It’s crucial to update QB Database Server Manager. This is because you must know about an essential update or another version of QB desktop that is released.
Here are the steps to follow for updating the server manager.
- Start by downloading the patch. Click this link for it.
- After the installation process completes, don’t forget to reboot the server.
- After the server gets updated on every workstation, you’ll find a message informing you that the company files require to be updated to work with this specific QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Now the updates can change the database format. You’ll notice the ‘Create a backup‘ message when it happens. It will enable users to launch the file after adhering to the prompts once the backup process finishes.
Configure the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and Use It
Now that you know all about how to install QuickBooks Database Server Manager and update, you can start setting it up. This part is divided into various categories to help you gain more clarity about the process.
Open the QuickBooks Server Manager.
The first step is to launch the QB database server manager. Follow the steps below.
- Select the ‘Start‘ option followed by ‘Programs.’
- Now, tap ‘QuickBooks.’
- Lastly, choose the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ option.
Scan the company files
This step entails scanning the Quickbooks company files and folders that are stored on the server. It ensures that the files are set up correctly to enable others to run them.
- Begin by selecting the ‘Start‘ option, followed by choosing ‘Programs.’
- Choose ‘QuickBooks,’ and click the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager.’
- Now, choose the ‘Scan folders’ option and locate the folders where company files are saved.
- Lastly, tap the ‘Scan‘ option.
The third part of setting up QBDBXX is to add folders. Follow the steps listed below for it.
- Choose the option ‘Add Folders.’
- Then pick the folder you desire to add.
- After that, select the place of the folder with the company file.
Delete the folders
In this step, you will check if the folders have been deleted. It involves just two steps.
- Firstly, pick the folders where the company files are placed. Then opt for ‘Remove Folder.’
- Now see if the folder has been removed.
Choose the scan option
Now you must scan the folders. To do so, follow these two points.
- Pick the option ‘Scan the folders’ below the folder where company files are present.
- After the scanning procedure ends, you will find company files on your screen.
Employ Monitored Drive Functionalities
The monitored drive functionality updates the QB server manager while adding another company file to it. You should follow these points to use the feature.
- Select the ‘Start‘ option and tap ‘Programs.’
- Now select ‘QuickBooks‘ followed by ‘QuickBooks Server Manager.’
- Next, opt for the ‘Monitored Drive’ option and then tap ‘Remove and Rename.’
- Now opt for the ‘Select‘ option to monitor the local drives.
- Why Do You Find The QuickBooks Database Server Stopped Working Error?
If your QBDXX suddenly stops working, there can be multiple causes behind it. Below are some of the common reasons for it.
- The QBDXX is not correctly installed on the system.
- Your firewall installation is incorrect.
- The Windows firewall program is hindering the QB programs from internet access.
Troubleshooting The QuickBooks Database Server Stopped Working Error?
It is essential for you to configure the server manager when it stops working. There are various methods to fix this problem. Below are some effective ones to try.
Download New Firewall Updates
Upon downloading Windows firewall updates, you’ll get the current security patches and ensure that the firewall doesn’t obstruct QB from company file access. To install New QuickBooks desktop updates, follow these steps.
- Open the ‘Run‘ dialog box and input the control panel.
- Now, hit ‘Enter.’
- Navigate to the ‘System and Security option.
- Tap the ‘Windows Firewall’ option.
- Choose the ‘Check for updates’ button.
- If your PC finds updates, tap the ‘Use recommended settings‘ and ‘Update now‘ options.
- After the updates get installed, restart your computer and open QB.
Repair Your QuickBooks Desktop Version
Another thing you can do when you notice QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped working is to repair your QB Desktop. Follow these steps to repair it.
- Open the Run dialog box. Here, input’ appwiz.cpl.’
- Hit’ Enter.’
- Go down, and in the list of installed programs, tap ‘QuickBooks.’
- Hit the ‘Continue‘ button followed by ‘Next.’
- Navigate to the ‘Repair‘ option and tap the ‘Next’ button.
Add QBDBMgrN To Your Firewall And Ports
Adding QBDBMgrN service is another good way to deal with this problem. To add this service, you must make outbound and inbound rules. It will enable QB to run well. Follow these points to add this service.
- Firstly, you must allow the connection in Windows Firewall. So, choose the ‘Start‘ button and input’ Windows Firewall‘ in the search.
- Select this option from the list.
- Tap right on the ‘Inbound Rules.’ It will be there in the ‘Advanced Settings’ section.
- Next, tap the ‘New Rule’ option.
- Now navigate to ‘Next‘ from the section of ‘Programs.’
- Hit ‘This Program Path‘ and browse the location of the QB file.
- Hit ‘Next‘ and choose the ‘Allow the Connection’ option.
- Next, hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Ensure that each of the boxes is checked.
- After doing so, hit ‘Next.’
- Now input the new rule’s name.
- When you are done with all these steps, click ‘Finish.’
- You should repeat the entire process for creating the outbound rule. But remember that you must choose the ‘Outbound Rule’ option and not the ‘Inbound Rule.’ It’s a very efficient way to prevent seeing this specific error. So, ensure that you follow it whenever you face it.
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager enables users to utilize various QB items in the multi-user mode. It also scans the local storage device for new files. You must install the tool in a chronological fashion to use it properly. This article would have given you complete knowledge on how to download, install, set up, and use it effectively. If you face any other issues throughout the process, feel free to speak with QuickBooks technical support services.