Set up QuickBooks Web Connector and Use it – A Complete Guide
The QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) is a Microsoft Windows application that enables QuickBooks Desktop to exchange information with web-based applications. Any third-party hosting service can host the web server of QBWC. It can also be hosted locally. Through this application, users can quickly carry out tasks like bill payment, invoice creation, and bank accounts reconciliation.
You must download the web connector setup file from the official Intuit website to start using it. If you face any problems while installing, all you require is to uninstall and reinstall the application. In this article, you’ll find stepwise instructions about downloading, installing, setting up, and using the tool effectively.
Essential Things to Know About QuickBooks Web Connector
The QB Web Connector is a go-between tool supporting passing qbXML and qbposXML between QuickBooks Point of Sale/QuickBooks and a web-based application. You don’t need to open the firewall ports primarily because the Web Connector initiates the communication that runs on the same computer as QuickBooks.
You can integrate your QB Desktop with many third-party online applications using the Web Connector and give users a range of solutions. On the website of Intuit, you can see many applications which you can integrate with QB Desktop. Each application has its own functionalities and must be controlled for the desired outcomes. For instance, you can use the Web Connector if you want to integrate QuickBooks Desktop with a service like Fundbox or bill.com.
You can access your QB data anytime, anywhere through the Web Connector. Moreover, you can be assured that the data you will be accessing will be completely accurate. The Web Connector also supports running cloud-based and on-premises accounting services, payroll, bill management, and accepting payments.
Which QuickBooks Products Does the QuickBooks Web Connector Support?
You can use the Web Connector 188.8.131.52 and versions before that with any QB Desktop product. These products should be supported by either QuickBooks Point of Sale SDK or QuickBooks SDK.
- QuickBooks Enterprise solutions
- QuickBooks Premier 2002 or versions later than that.
- All US versions of QB bank feed financial software products.
- QuickBooks Pro 2002 or versions beyond that.
- QuickBooks Simple Start 2006 or versions later than that.
- Canadian variants of QB Enterprise, Premier, or Pro 2003 or later than that.
- UK QuickBooks Pro or Accountant Editions 2003 or editions later than that.
- QB Point of Sale v4.0 or versions later than that.
NOTE: The web connector is 184.108.40.206 and versions older than that will support TLS 1.0.
QB Web Connector 220.127.116.11 and versions later than that support the following QuickBooks editions.
- US variants of QB financial software products.
- QuickBooks Enterprise 2015 or versions later than that.
- QuickBooks Pro 2015, Premier 2015, and versions later than that.
- Canadian and UK editions of QuickBooks 2015 and versions later than that.
NOTE: The newer versions, as well as Web Connector 18.104.22.168, support TLS 1.2, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.0.
How to Connect QuickBooks Web Connector?
Setting up and connecting QuickBooks Web Connector involved downloading and installing it on your system. Here are the steps you need to adhere to connect the Web Connector successfully.
QuickBooks Web Connector download and install You need to download QB Web Connector on every single computer on your network if you use QuickBooks in multi-user mode. Here are the steps to download and install it.
- Make a folder named ‘Temp‘ in your system’s C: Drive.
- Download the Web Connector installer file by going to the Intuit website.
- Open the files you downloaded. Then, shift the installer file to the ‘Temp‘ folder.
- Extract the zip file by right-tapping and choosing the ‘Extract‘ option.
- After extracting the folder, right-tap the ‘.exe‘ file and select ‘Run as Administrator.’
- After the QuickBooks Web Connector download ends, select the third-party application you want from the ‘Applications’ list.
- Input the QB password you made in the third-party application.
- To begin the data exchange, choose ‘Update‘ and select the button.
- Return to the QuickBooks Integrations screen and tap the ‘Next’ button.
- After successful completion of the installation process, you’ll see a verification showing up on your QuickBooks Integrations screen.
1. Set up QuickBooks Desktop
The next part is to finish the setup process. You can add an app to the QuickBooks Online Web Connector.
- Select ‘File‘ followed by ‘Update web service.’
- Then, tap ‘Manage web apps.’
- Click the ‘Set up‘ option beside the app you wish to set up.
- You’ll be redirected to the website for this specific app.
- After logging in to the site, tap ‘Connect to QuickBooks.’
- Finish QuickBooks Desktop setup by opening it and tapping ‘Done‘ on the screen of Access Confirmation.
2. Delete an app from Web Connector
You can also clear an app from the Web Connector. After removing the app, the data exchange will cease to work with your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Opt for ‘Edit Preference‘ followed by ‘Integrated Applications.’
- Now choose ‘Company Preferences.’
- Find the application to delete and opt for ‘Remove.’
- Finally, click ‘OK.’
How to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error After Installation?
It’s common to encounter QuickBooks Web Connector error after installing it. To fix it, you must first uninstall and reinstall the program.
- Hit the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- Type’ Control Panel‘ in the Run window. Then choose its result.
- Next, choose ‘Uninstall a program.’
- Choose ‘Web Connector‘ followed by ‘Uninstall.’
- Now, reinstall the Web Connector.
- This should resolve the issue you are encountering.
Resolving Common QuickBooks Web Connector Errors in QuickBooks Desktop
Many Web Connector errors can arise in the QuickBooks download Desktop web. Below are some common errors and steps to fix them.
1. QuickBooks Web Connector error QBWC1085
This error is also known as Exception TypeError. It happens when the QWCLOG.TXT file that the Web Connector app uses is corrupted or can’t be accessed. If you haven’t linked QuickBooks to a third-party program, just remove the Web Connector from the Startup menu.
- Sign in as a Windows administrator.
- Head over to ‘C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.’
- Now, delete the Web Connector.
- Start your system again and launch QuickBooks.
On the other hand, if you’ve linked your QuickBooks company data file to a third-party app that uses Web Connector, you must let the Web Connector remain in the Startup menu. To fix the problem in this case, rename the ‘QWCLOG.TXT’ file.
- Exit Web Connector and QuickBooks.
- Navigate to ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.’
- Now, change the name of QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Launch the Web Connector again and restart your system.
- Now, open QB and sign in to your third-party app.
2. QuickBooks Web Connector failed to run (QBWC1006)
QBWC1006 error arises when the Web Connector cannot locate the file (QBCLog.txt) to work on. You must go to this file and rectify its permissions.
- Launch ‘File Explorer.’
- Head over to the following location in order to find the QBCLog.txt file. C:\Users\Public\AppData\local\IntuitQuickBooks Web Connector\version directory.
- Find the file and check that it is not white protected. It means that you cannot change files but view them.
- Now launch Web Connector and see if the error has been fixed.
3. The server was unable to process the request error (QBWC1012)
This error message arises when you have synced more sales than you are allowed by the license key. Usually, you will encounter this problem if you use a trial version of a third-party application and exceed it. It’s best to connect with your third-party vendor to resolve this error.
The QuickBooks Web Connector is a highly useful application that can save much time for business owners. It will prevent you from navigating back and forth between QuickBooks and your computer. It also provides you with the accessibility to the most updated QuickBooks desktop latest version. You don’t need any browser to access their files, edit documents, and utilize financial reports.
The procedure of downloading and installing the app is quite simplistic and doesn’t take more than a few minutes. If you’ve got further queries about using the Web Connector or face any errors, get in touch with QuickBooks technical support services.