How to Correct QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue?
QuickBooks is a perfect solution for managing business accounting and bookkeeping, especially for small and medium-sized businesses. But sometimes, QuickBooks undergoes some trouble. Users complain they are experiencing problems while accessing QuickBooks or the company. They stated that after so many tries, the QuickBooks won’t open. It can be a serious concern for those who are daily operating and initiating work on QuickBooks. So to resolve the issue, we came up with a blog containing all the solutions you should know.
You will also know about the causes of the error.
Why is QuickBooks Won’t Open?
When “QuickBooks is not Responding” or QuickBooks not opening “, there can be silly mistakes made by the users or due to some internal technical glitches. We have emerged them all on a single page. Following causes.
- When the company name is extensively long can’t be read by the program.
- Due to corruption in the hard disk.
- Your Windows operating system is not upgraded to the recent version.
- A damaged QBWUSER.INI file can cause this problem.
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks Desktop program.
These are the significant causes why your QuickBooks doesn’t open. But when these QuickBooks problems occur on the system, you can observe some bizarre things, which we have mentioned in the following section.
What Happens When QuickBooks Won’t Open?
When you can’t access te QuickBooks, the below can happen to you:
- Your computer system will freeze.
- You can observe that the mouse and keyboard will respond late to your command or click.
- The QuickBooks Desktop will freeze.
- Your Windows will operate slowly.
How to Access When QuickBooks Won’t Open?
Sometimes, when you continuously hit the QuickBooks Desktop icon several times, it stocks and won’t open. You have to click only twice to open the QuickBooks and wait for a while. If it doesn’t open after waiting, we have solutions for that.
Solution 1: Run Quick Fix My Program
The QuickBooks Tool Hub has an advanced program to fix the program problems: the Quick Fix My program. So to utilize the program, you must install the Tool Hub software locally on your system. You can go to Intuit’s official website page and download the Tool Hub.
It would help if you went for the latest version, 18.104.22.168, of QuickBooks Tool Hub. After the download, installs the Tool Hub. When the installation ends, pursue the following steps to settle down the QuickBooks won’t open case.
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Tool HUb.
- When the Tool Hub opens, then choose Program Programs from the left.
- Now, the Program Problems will extend towards the right, pick Quick Fix My Program.
- After that, the program will scan for the problems.
- When the scan completes, open the QuickBooks program and check for the issue.
If the issue doesn’t resolve with the Quick Fix My Program, follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
It is also a part of QuickBooks Tool Hub. Sometimes, due to improper installation of the QuickBooks Desktop, the QuickBooks won’t open issue happens. Some files are necessary for installation, such as Microsoft .NET Framework. When these files get damaged, QuickBooks doesn’t install with proper configuration. So to resolve the issue, we are going to operate QuickBooks Install Diagnostic program with the following steps:
- Open the Tool Hub and go to Installation Issues.
- Now, from the Installation Issues tab, choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The Tool will run a scan and take up to 20 minutes.
- Restart your computer when the tool completes the scan of defective installation files.
- After the restart, access the QuickBooks program.
If the issue still continues, then we have another solution for you.
Solution 3: Shut QBW32.exe Process
- In the initial step, go to the Windows Taskbar and right-click on it
- Now, choose Task Manager from the list.
- When the Task Manager opens, switch to the Processes tab.
- After that, click on the Image Name to arrange the task alphabetically.
- Now, search and click on “EXE.”
- At last, hit the End Process to shut the exe process.
Solution 4: Suppress QuickBooks Program
There are chances te your company file might be damaged and cause QuickBooks won’t open issue. So you have ensured the problem is associated with the QB company file or with the QuickBooks itself.
The QuickBooks program attempt to access your previous company file. Following are the steps for that:
- Firstly, press the Ctrl key, hold it, and open the QuickBooks Desktop program.
Note: Don’t unhold the Ctrl key before you notice the “No Company Issue” wizard, nor the QuickBooks will be stuck and undergoes an error.
- Now, choose a QuickBooks company file and then choose Open.
Solution 5: Rename QBWUSER.INI File
To fix the QuickBooks won’t open issue, we will rename the QBWUSER.INI file with the following process.
- In the first step, go to the INI file folder. If unable to locate it, then enable the Hidden Folders option from the menu.
- When you reach the folder, right-click on the QBWUSER.INI file and go for the Rename option.
- Now, change the file name to QBWUSEROLD.INI.
- After renaming the file, open your QuickBooks and check for the issue.
Solution 6: Create a New Admin User
Sometimes, when you are opening the QuickBooks without admin rights, the QuickBooks won’t open. So it is compulsory to create a new Admin user window to access QuickBooks. Following are the step:
- Press the Windows+R keys and launch the Windows Run.
- Then, in the Run, type Control Panel and press the Enter button.
- When you reach the Control Panel, choose User Account.
- Now, click on the Manage User option followed by Add.
- After that, enter a name and administrator domain and hit the OK.
- If you have Windows 10, then go for the Administrator.
- At last, click the Finish button, and you will reach the User Accounts dialog box. Click OK.
If the error continues after creating a new Admin window, go for the following solution.
Solution 7: Perform a Clean Install
To initiate a Quickbooks clean install tool, you must uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks. It will fix the QuickBooks won’t open issue, as reinstalling the QuickBooks will refresh all the installation files with proper configuration. Go with the following steps:
- Firstly, click on Start and choose Control Panel.
- Secondly, go to Uninstall a Program from the Programs.
- Now, a list of programs installed on the system appears; choose QuickBooks.
- Later, click on Uninstall in front of Organize.
- Click on Yes, and confirm the Uninstallation procedure.
- It takes a moment to uninstall the program.
- Click OK to close the window.
After uninstalling the QuickBooks from the computer, reinstall it to fix the issue of the QuickBooks won’t open.
In this step, we will reinstall the QuickBooks download Desktop application. To install the QuickBooks, ensure that the QuickBooks you have is the latest one. If not, then go and download it. After downloading, go for the following steps to resolve QuickBooks won’t open issue:
- Open the QuickBooksdesktop.exe file.
- Then, when prompted, click on the Run option.
- After that, go with the on-screen steps.
- Now, accept the software permit license agreement.
- Click on Next.
- In the next step, enter the QuickBooks Product and License number.
- Click on Next to end the installation.
Solution 8: Delete QBWUSER.INI File and Re-register QuickBooks
When you delete the QBWUSER.INI file, it will remove all the product registration information. After that, you can easily register for QuickBooks again, and the QuickBooks won’t open issue is resolved. Following are the steps:
- Firstly, navigate yourself to the computer’s C Drive.
- Secondly, open the Users folder.
- Now, you have to search and open your user name folder.
- After that, open the AppData folder.
- Later, under the Local Directory, click twice on the Intuit folder and then access QuickBooks[year] folder.
- Afterward, reach the Desktop and click right on the system Clock from the right bottom.
- When the Time and Date Settings opens, choose to Adjust Date/Time and configure or set the date if it is wrong.
- Now, click on Apply and then OK.
- After that, launch the QuickBooks Desktop again and then click on Help.
- Click on Activate QuickBooks and then go for Begin Activation.
- At last, provide the correct Product Validation Code.
- Finally, hit the Next button to register it.
Read also here:- QuickBooks payroll issues
Solution 9: Use Windows Safe Mode to Run QuickBooks
By running, QuickBooks will help you determine the interfering application which causes QuickBooks won’t open. Following are the steps:
- Press the Windows+R keys.
- After the Run box occurs, type MSConfig in it and tap the Enter button.
- Now, access the System Configuration Utility.
- After that, choose the Select Startup checkbox from the General tab and click Apply>>OK.
- When the changes save, reboot your computer.
- After the reboot, open QuickBooks.
- If QuickBooks operates normally, this implies that some other application is interfering with the QuickBooks that need to stop.
If you are using QuickBooks and the “QuickBooks won’t open” issue occurs on the screen, it can be serious. As QuickBooks holds all the accounting and bookkeeping data of the business. So to resolve the issue, we present you with nine solutions.
The solutions steps are easy to follow and don’t require any specialized ability to operate them. Use them before contacting any experts to resolve the issue. But somehow, if the issue continues and wants to talk with the Quickbooks Support Experts, then you can Email or use the Live Chat option to get immediate help. Thank You!